Saturday, February 18, 2006

The First Funke Blog

Hi Everybody!

I already have a blog. It's on myspace*. So it doesn't really count because, as a friend of mine recently pointed out, myspace has kind of become Williamsburg** online; therefore, I can't really say I'm blogging when most of the people who read it are my friends and random hipsters, although I don't know how far reaching my audience for this blog will stretch past this crowd, I feel it has a better chance of being viewed by a more diverse readership.

So this is my official blog, I'm taking the "plunge".
What will 'The Sue Funke' blog be about?


My comical views on my life (similar to my stand-up routine)


My analysis of television


Some political and religious views, because I like to stir shit up


and



all my deep feelings and aspirations...




I'm fucking with you about that last part.

So thanks for stopping by and reading the first message.

peace,
Funke




*myspace isn't just a profile site, it's an addictive way to keep up on friends and music for me. I signed up to it to keep in touch with some cool cats I'm fortunate enough to now consider friends that I met in the Cut (Connecticut) and two years later I'm still droppin' comments and posting my comedy shows.



**For those of you who aren't aware, Williamsburg is a part of Brooklyn that used to be a predominantly Jewish and Puerto Rican neighborhood but is now a place for "hipsters" to be seen, to me it reminds me of high school, where everyone is very carefully dressed to be looked at and are in groupings, not really friends, but they're together because they are all the same kind of click. I've been there maybe four times tops, so my opinion may change, but I know I'm not alone in my feelings.

No comments: