Saturday, July 08, 2006

Sleeping In

"Last week i had the strangest dream
Where everything was exactly how it seemed"
~Sleeping In by the Postal Service

I am usually up with the sun. I'm the person who will call you at 8AM on a Sunday morning ready to go out adventuring,

you're welcome.

I chalk it up to minor boughts of insomnia and my previous work experience.

I used to work at Starbucks.
I was the morning shift warrior. Waking up at 4:15AM and in by 5AM to make sure the store was open and ready to serve by 6AM. My trick, once i got in I made myself a quadruple iced venti carmel macchiato. I was wired.

These days, I get to sleep in and I can't afford that drink.

Today, I slept until 1pm. It was amazing and so needed.

This past week I wasn't myself. I was in a shit-fog.

I couldn't think straight, I was angry, I would sleep and never seem to wake up.

On Thursday I slept through 3 alarms because I had the oddest dream and just felt like I was still dreaming the whole day. People were talking and I was listening but it was all so surreal.

I'm chalking this all up to sleep deprivation, all that partying made me tired but I wouldn't sleep.

Sleeping in is a beautiful thing, but also kind of odd. I found myself lying in my comfy bed wondering what time it was, what day it was, hoping that I hadn't slept through my weekend show.

Ultimately, it was just a very odd experience to be waking up in the afternoon. When I went to Bagelmania breakfast was long over, so in lieu of a ham egg and cheese I had to go for the ham and cheese sandwich.
Woo! Bizaro.

I highly doubt I'll be sleeping so much anytime soon, but for today, it was quite the interesting change of pace.

No comments: