Saturday, August 12, 2006

August 2006 Sue Funke Comedy Shows

Because if I don't write it here, I'll never remember.


Sunday, August 20, 2006
Laugh Strong at Faces and Names
5pm-9pm
$5 dollar donation for the LIVESTONG Cancer research foundation

Tuesday, August 22, 2006
Cheap Laughs for City Harvest
@7pm at the Laugh Lounge
$7 w/ donation of canned food, $10 with no donation

Monday, August 28, 2006
Comedy 101 w/ Erica Watson @ Luke & LeRoy
doors @7pm, show starts 8:30pm
$5 dollars to get in, great drink specials all night

Wednesday, August 30, 2006
Wicked Laughter w/Erica Watsom @ Madame X
doors @ 7pm show starts 8:30pm
$12 dollars to get in *FREE BACARDI DRINKS*


I'll be performing at all of these shows with some of NYC's best comics.

If you've never seen me do stand up, you might be wondering,

what's your schtick?

I talk about being Sue Funke, in my Sue Funke way.

Can you tell me just one joke?

Will you just come to a show and you can see it all there!

But what if I pay $12 bucks and you suck? I'll be embarassed, I'll be out $12 bucks and I'll have to avoid you for a while because it's so hard to tell a friend that they suck.

Well, since you put so much thought into your reasoning, I'll appease.

A(n old) joke, by Sue Funke

I used to eat a lot of Power Bars
I loved those chocolate peanut butter ones,
delicious, nutritious,
then I realized
they look more like the end product than food.

oh, man have I improved since that joke.

don't you want to see how it got better?

Go to a show, support some good causes and Live comedy!!!

**Note: There are some other great Open Mics I go to.**
New York Comics should check these out as well:

Maui Taco
Wednesday night NYC Open Mic
($5 bucks, but there's also awesome drink deals)
this 7:30pm mic is host by Hector Luis
located in midtown, a place I hate.

Comic Strip Live!
Gladys's Room
5:30 - 8pm Tuesday and Friday nights(11 dollars for comics).

New York Comedy Club
Bill Michael's Sunday open mics
7pm (Free) and 9pm(One Drink Minimum)

Alan Schwartz's Monday open mic
5pm sign up, $3 buck charge

No comments: