Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Commercial Music

We've all had it happen, you are watching TV and a commercial comes on, and the song gets stuck in your head.

Lately though, the songs that are getting stuck are much better than say, the Meow Mix commercial (for those of you who don't remember this was just meowing in a repetitive beat). I was talking to my friend Urban about it last night and he said that commercials are the new radio. I believe it.

Take the new touch iPod commercial that has the infamous ditty, "Music is my boyfriend! Music is my imaginary friend..."that was stuck in my head all day. I decided to look it up. Turns out the song is called, "Music is My Hot, Hot Sex". Nice. It's also by a Brazillian band called Cansei de Ser Sexy, and that means tired of being sexy. Here's the article about how they basically went from obscurity to the next big thing.
I'm a total sucker for commercial music. Don't believe me? Here's a playlist I created made up of music from commercials. See if you know which song goes to which commercial for fun.


SeeqPod Music beta - Playable Search

No comments: