Sunday, February 23, 2014

I Got It On Steinway



I've lived in Astoria, NY for about ten years now. When I first moved here I did what I always do whenever I'm in a new place, I watched the local news. While I was watching the amazing New York 1 I saw a commercial with a woman with a Janice-from-Friends-esq accent tawk about all the great things on Steinway. I thought it was hysterical. I told everyone about it.
No one ever saw it.
It was like my mind manifested a crazy ridiculous commercial.
While I still stand by my claim that it was a legit commercial, I realized the only way to make this hallucination a reality was to make it. I decided then and there I would make this video.
And 10 years later, I finally did with the help of Chelsea White, Jess Wood and Chris Doucette.
About 5 days ago we posted it, and thanks to the fellow lovers of Steinway, Astoria, and bad New York accents we've had over 1,500 views!
I'm in love with the fact that the commercial that's made me chuckle for a decade is now cracking others up.
I hope you enjoy it, share it, and get to Steinway to see just how wonderfully crazy this street is, today!!

No comments: